Saturday, October 03, 2009

Uh-oh...

These pups were born this morning. Momma is all of 11 pounds and the pups are the smallest pups I have ever seen. The one that I am holding........I may have to keep her. BigD doesn't know what is twirling in this devious little mind of mine. Bwahahahahah. If you look closely enough at the top photo, you will see that the pup on the end has a little thread stuck to her belly......at least I thought it was a thread, it is her umbilical cord! How this little dog delivered 8 babies (sadly one was stillborn) I will never understand. Bodies, even animal bodies are amazing!! When we walked in momma dog got right up, and came over to us wagging her tail and I swear was leading us back to her babies to show them off. So, do you think I am certifiably crazy to add to my menagerie? Never mind, don't answer that.

9 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

How precious.No,I don't think you are crazy for wanting more to love. If my babies(2 shih-tzu's)could have pup's,I would most likely have a house full.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

OMG I had hedgehogs that size!

buffalodick said...

How cool is that?!!? Birth is a miracle, that happens all the time, but so amazing when seen...

*mary* said...

How cute! What type of dog is she?

preppyplayer said...

YOU have a full plate lady! How did you fail to mention that you had THIS going on?
Did I miss it?
And congrats by the way :)
Also, I cannot take credit for your pashmina/scarf upgrade... you chose beautiful designs all on your own!

Ina in Alaska said...

So sweet!!!! PS did you see I posted Rockin' Robin?? xoxo

Claudya Martinez said...

That's so sweet to thinnk of her wanting to show off her babies.

hope548 said...

They are so sweet!
I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful and sweet comment on my post today.

Anonymous said...

Who does this dog belong to? Did she had 3 pups? Can't quite make it out.Will she be mistaken for a snack? You did read my posts about raising Juno, right? When they're that cute and small, it's like an arrow going straight for your heart!