Monday, October 13, 2008

Negdeeb

That is what the biopsy was according to the LG that I talked to an hour ago. But, before you jump up and down, he followed that up with "I'm nut shur eef de neele spiriation was well pleeced" so we need to follow up with a PET scan. Apparently cancer lights up if given sugar (shit, I do that too) so that is the next step. And yes, the LG is from another country, and yes, that IS what he said. Translated into English I believe he said~~ "I am not sure if the needle aspiration was well placed"......so BigD will have the PET and then follow up with the surgeon and maybe get whatever it is chopped out. I am supposed to be very relieved, why aren't I? I spent the whole weekend reassuring BigD that all was fine, that we would conquer whatever came down the pike, blah, blah, blah and believe me I was VERY convincing. He said talking to me made him feel so much better yet most of the time I felt like I was lying through my teeth. My mind kept drifting to thoughts of the boys. I don't want them to be without a father. Even though they come to me with most of their personal questions/advice seeking etc, they know that BigD is there if they need him and I don't want that to change. So we got "good" news but not the whole story so on we go. Thank you all so much for all your wonderfully kind words. It sounds nuts but it really made me feel less alone. I had to finally break down and tell BigD that I had a blog. He had absolutely no idea what that was. I told him it was like when his mother had a pen pal, except I have more than one and they live all over the world. When I told him how many wonderful well wishes had come our way, he didn't really get it and doesn't understand how I can call some of you friends when we haven't physically met. I tried to tell him we don't have to sit down and drink beer together to bond....he got it, sort of. Feelings are hard to explain sometimes and sometimes they are better left as feelings rather than put into words. Thanks.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds like very good news. Let's keep believing that all will be well!

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I'm tentatively jumping up and down for the good news. On the inside. Well, I'll just tap my little toe for now.

HI BigD YOU SEXY BEAST. OHN TALKS ABOUT YOU ALLL THE TIME, AND SOME OF IT IS EVEN GOOD. :)

Medicare Health Insurance Plans - Jerry Perisho said...

OK, that does it. You told him about the blog, explained to him what it was, and got him to understand. And, most important, you are an incredible support system for a man who needs you more than he's ever needed anyone before in his life. You clinched it! You are officially now one of my heroes.

I am now making room for you on my Hero Recognition Wall at home.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

So, did those fishies swim all the way from Saskatchewan to here?? :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I told him ABOUT the blog, that doesn't mean he knows how to get to it--I am a wicked, wicked woman.

beagle said...

Feeling hopeful and breathing a sigh of relief here.

Fingers crossed!!!

xoxoxo
B,C and N

Anonymous said...

OK, hoping the PET scan goes as well. And I had to laugh at: "cancer lights up if given sugar (shit, I do that too)"

Really, wishing and praying for all the best.

Yo-yo Mama said...

I'm sorry I haven't kept up and now find you still a bit in limbo. PET scans are the cat's ass, though (and I mean that in a good way).

I'll be thinking of you guys and yeah, what the hell is a "blog"?? Man I hate that term.

Medicare Health Insurance Plans - Jerry Perisho said...

Every time I check back to your blog, I laugh.

"Negdeeb" is so damn funny, I am laughing out loud. You can just hear this guy saying that word, forcing you to pause and ask yourself, "What did he say? Did he say 'negative'? I sounded like 'negdeeb'. What does 'negdeeb' mean?"

Our prayers are still being sent your way.

Serenity said...

Fingers crossed that the negdeeb is REAL, and NOT a resuly of of a mees pleeced neele spiration.

Thinking of you guys.

hope548 said...

Good news so far, and I hope it continues to come and everyone will get to exhale soon! Hang in there.

Deathstar said...

This is good news - very good indeed!

Dodi said...

Good luck this week!!!!

My brother in law's nephrologist and the doctors at the dialysis clinic were all pakastani... he got so good at interpreting them that he could sound just like them!