Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Gimme a sign

Tom the tumor is having a hollow needle rammed into his head on Thursday 10-9 at 9 am. Ironically that day would be my mothers 90th birthday if she were alive. She looooovvvved BigD. She thought he was funny and naughty. My mom liked naughty and loved a good filthy joke at the same time she was pretending to be horrified. Sign? Also yesterday BigD got some crackers out of the vending machine at work. They were tasty so he went back for another package and blinked twice..the number was B9. Sign? Are the moon and the sign in the right spots? Sign? I am grasping at straws here folks. I spent the morning on the phone doing other peoples jobs. Scheduling things that should have been scheduled last week, arranging for the CT to be burned onto a CD, faxing reports etc. I got a referral to a "famous" thoracic surgeon in the next state and even talked to the insurance people and got the go ahead to see him. This appointment was in no small part due to the fact that my BIL is a VIP with VVIP friends. I can't give details because those of you that are up on your worldwide companies may be able to figure out who, what, when, where etc and I am not up to going public. For most people though, you would never have heard of BIL so it really doesn't matter so don't even bother trying to figure it out, he is a VIP but not THAT VIP. So, if you are just hanging out, cleaning your belly button lint on Thursday morning, give a nod to whoever you nod to and wish for BigD a simple Tom rather than a complex Tom.

9 comments:

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

You guys are always in my thoughts, but I'll be hoping for good things on Thursday.

Topcat said...

Just a simple Tom, please Universe. A Tom SO simple, in fact ... that he still lives at home with mum and dad and has a slight stutter. Ve-ry simple.

It's Thursday here first, so my love and support will start to make it's way over to you shortly. XOXOX

annacyclopedia said...

Just came over from Topcat's blog to say that I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday and hoping for the simplest of Toms.

Medicare Health Insurance Plans - Jerry Perisho said...

How in the world did you know that Thursdays are bellybutton lint removal days? Easy removal with no problems; a sign? Could be!

On Thursday morning I will be sending positive thoughts your direction.

Jerry

Sitting In Silence said...

All the best you guys...hope it goes ok for you..

xoxo

beagle said...

Hoping with all my might for the simplest sort of Tom. A real dimwit in fact. So simple you have to rename him Simon . . .

Oh, OHN . . . holding you both in my thoughts this morning!

Topcat said...

It must be done by now. Thinking of you. XOXOXOX

tz said...

when do you find out?

It must be hard going on with your day to day activities and working when this is all looming over your heads...is it all surreal? I would find it to be.

Hang in there!

hope548 said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. Thinking of you and hoping that Tom is all bark and no bite!