Thursday, December 18, 2008

People

I have lost a reader. When you only have 12 to begin with, and you lose 1, it is noticeable. Hell, thats like getting an extra large pizza with a piece missing....or buying a jumbo package of toilet paper that is a roll shy. I know why this reader left. It was my snide remark about the shoe thrower. This reader took offense and let me know about it. To set the record straight...IT WAS A JOKE. I never expected to ever be Heather "Dooce" Armstrong ~~ that blogging queen has thousands of readers and gets hundreds of responses to her posts, but hell, I can't even get 12 to stick around? Maybe it was my delivery. Maybe this person was the last person in the US to still think Dubya was a good leader and can't understand why a man felt the need to lob a shoe. Maybe I need to work on my material. I will try to come up with some more interesting material and get back with you. In the meantime....are all you kiddies ready for Christmas?? We won't be having much of one around here if mr. mailman, mr. ups man, and mr. fedex man don't show up soon. I will be wrapping a lot of pieces of paper with item descriptions written on them and passing those off as the real thing. I only went to one store to shop. Honest. And it was a drug store. All the rest was via ebay, overstock, and amazon. Christmas cards..not only are they not sent, I haven't bought any yet. So those of you that are anxiously waiting for my card to appear....please don't wait. Go about your business, move along, there is nothing to see here. I was supposed to have both of the college boys home now. Only one is here. S1 has decided to stay at his apartment a little longer. Seems as though there is a female that has been circling him for a few weeks and finally came in for the kill last week and they have been seeing each other daily since. Yes...I did say S1. The same kid that had dated the love of his life for 3 years. His only real girlfriend ever. Over Thanksgiving she told him she wanted to be able to date other guys to be sure S1 was her true love....the only catch was, she didn't want him to date anyone else. Yes. She really told him that. Well he was broken hearted, we sat on his bed for 3 hours one night and I tried to explain women to a young man with no sisters...this was not easy. He was crushed. I was crushed that he was crushed. I was also a little peeved that she really thought this idea of her dating and him not dating was an acceptable idea. So fast forward~~the circling girl came in for a landing and S1 is having fun. Another young adulthood crisis averted. Oh, and circling girl is older. 3 years older. Is graduating this year. She thinks S1 is wonderful, so I know I will like her :)

7 comments:

Lorrie Veasey said...

I say GOOD RIDDANCE to Number 12. We're a comfortable 11 here anyway--and we DON'T need to date other blogs to know we heart you.

Anonymous said...

Just call us OHN's 11. I can't speak for the other 10, but I'm a lifer. You can't get rid of me if you tried. TRUST ME. *evil laugh*

marta said...

Well.. you haven't lost me, but I would not hi-five the shoe thrower and was upset that it happened to our President. When Reagan was shot during his first term, I had not voted for him, but was deeply troubled about it and prayed for his recovery. I did not like Bill Clinton but never wished any harm to him. I did not vote for Obama, but respect him and pray for his safety and his presidency. Whether I voted for the one holding the office or passionately oppose his views/actions, I want him(her) to be protected from harm and treated with respect both at home and abroad....
btw.. my son has 2 sisters and still doesn't "get" girls.... Cuz sisters and girls are 2 different things altogether!!

Medicare Health Insurance Plans - Jerry Perisho said...

OHN, I have been married to the same woman for 35 years. Could you take a few minutes and explain women to me, too? Thanks in advance!

As for the reader you lost; doesn't he(she) understand the nature of this country? What makes us GREAT is the fact we can state our different opinions, disagree, discuss, and still be friends. Blogging is a wonderful example of our right to free speech.

Anyone who would leave you because of your shoe-throwing comments is missing the excellence behind your thinking and your writing.

tz said...

i'm sorry you lost a reader....but hey if it's worth anything, you still have one more reader then I do....;) I actually have one guy who only has me on his list and doesn't have a blog...it's all very creepy...so there's anothe plus too, you don't have creepy readers...

and here's something to tell you son....I'm a woman and I can't explain myself let alone other women

Brandy said...

I think Marta took the words right out of my mouth given my opinions of the president and president-elect. Whether I agree or not I'm still here reading! :-)

Michele said...

Although I am not a daily reader, I try to show up at least once a week! I have followed you long enough for my co-worker to ask how you and your family are doing. Yes, I have shared some of your posts out loud here in the shop! I am happy to be one of your 11! AND, you do have to give ol'W some credit for being able to dodge the shoes! I don't think I would have been so quick-- LOL.