Friday, December 19, 2008

My bloods a boilin

Short but VERY LOUD, LARGE FONT rant here. I have a real problem with Ticketmaster. If you want to see any event in our area,(major city, not podunkville) you have to buy your ticket/s from them. They are a bunch of bottom feeders. I just bought 2 tickets to the Transiberianorchestra for S1. This is his Christmas present. (the whole point of this post isn't to have you sit there and think "she bought him THAT?"---he is not a typical 20 year old, we have covered this before, now go back to my rant) These tickets were $37 each. Two tickets should be $74. Right? How come they ended up costing $93.30 you ask? Because this company charges $7.50 convenience fee PER TICKET, a handling fee PER TICKET and then they charge you TO PRINT THE TICKET ON YOUR OWN PRINTER AT HOME!! $19.30 in extra charges. Assholes.

7 comments:

Medicare Health Insurance Plans - Jerry Perisho said...

That sucks! I've had the same experience with ticket companies.

I get bottled water delivered to my house in the LA area of Southern California; I am not living out in the country. A couple of years ago, the bottled water company (its name rhymes with Markletts) started charging an "energy surcharge" in the monthly bill because of the high cost of gas. I have written to them and told them they have 1 month to drop that BS surcharge before I drop their service.

Assholes!

Lorrie Veasey said...

O--at first I thought you got them both for a buck and I was SO JAYLOUS!!!

But I know what you mean. And I hate how they threaten you with that whole: if you don't buy these in the next three minutes somebody else will" thang.

Next time: try Craigs List in your area. Always a good deal.

Jade said...

I've ha that experience with priceline, hotwire, expedia... They all tax on a extra fee. Many times it just cheaper to buy director.

And hey! I think the transiberian show would be awesome! Hope you and yours have a very peaceful, safe, and smile filled holiday season. :-)

tz said...

this might cheer you up:
http://www.addictinggames.com/bushshoedodge.html

Casdok said...

You have every right to be angry - that is totally out of order.

Anonymous said...

And that is exactly why we don't do concerts more than once every five years or so. We just purchased four tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil in February. Tix were $35.00 each. With the facility charge, convenience charge, and order processing fee (we opted for the free standard mail delivery), our bill was $191.50 What a crock of rotten cheeze!

Brandy said...

That ticks me off to no end. There is a comedian coming to our local university in March that G and I would love to go see but I will be going to the box office to get the tickets, not messing with ticketmaster at all. No thanks.