Saturday, October 28, 2006

Awesome place

This past July hubby had to attend a conference in Palm Springs California and we decided to turn it into a family vacation. It was by far the most incredibly beautiful resort I had ever been to. I started thinking about it this morning because it is 40 degrees where we live and it is dark and raining. Palm Springs was relentlessly HOT while we were there...that might have something to do with the fact that we were upgraded to a condo suite, that was bigger than most peoples homes, for only $99.00 a night. The grounds were amazing, millions of flowers in the middle of the desert and each condo had their own swimming pool, (something like 44 or 46 pools). That was where I decided that I deserved to live like this forever and become independently wealthy. I am planning on stealing money from the kids college funds and leaving a note---at least that is my fantasy of the day. My more frequent fantasy is me waking up each morning, walking out onto my balcony overlooking the ocean and having the hired help bring me a perfectly toasted sesame seed bagel and a bottle of Lipton Green Tea while I plan my day that won't consist of any work. Until my fantasies come through, I will continue to work 7 days a week, too many hours a day and wake up to dreary, bare limbed trees and air cold enough to see my breath....such is life.

1 comment:

hope548 said...

That looks beautiful. I want to come live there too! I also wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog! Have a great weekend and don't work too hard!