Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Some people just don't get it.

I have tried to post several times and for some reason it hasn't saved...don't know if it is Blogger or me but I am going to try one more time. We survived Halloween (I am not a big fan of spending hard earned money on candy that is to be given to anyone over the age of 10 or 11 that just happens to grab a pillowcase out of the closet, throw on a wig and come begging). The day I went to buy the candy (actually October 31st), I was obviously very late in getting my purchase because the only candy the store had was CHRISTMAS CANDY, candy canes, chocolate covered cherries, Christmas Hershey kisses etc. I had a choice to either hit the regular candy aisle and pay way more than I wanted to, or I could give the little buggers the freshest, first batch of Christmas Candy. I went with the regular aisle--I didn't want the neighbor kids to think I was weird. I have them all fooled into thinking that my kids have the coolest mom (my kids don't feel that way but their friends tell them I am). I had one mom (not a neighbor but a classmates mom) a few years back snidely comment that I was the neighborhood "popsicle mom." She meant it as an insult but I didn't take it that way because when the other parents shoo the kiddies out the door in the morning and tell them not to return till dinner, I am the one whose house they come to. This particular woman was laughing at me but guess whose kid is in trouble now?? Yep--little bugger got caught with illegal substances. Mom probably doesn't have a clue that I could have predicted this way back when she was snickering about the "popsicle mom".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Got your comment, and if you want to start an off-blog dialogue, e-mail me at princessshine@hotmail.com and we can discuss whatever questions you have on adult adoption stuff.

It's also interesting to tell you that the comments above yours were from my biological dad. I didn't know he even read my blog and now he obviously wants to talk about my emotional adoption baggage. Yikes!!! Think I'll put that off for a bit~

Kellie said...

My house is the house where all the kids gather also - I wanted it that way, and I'll totally miss it when it's not.

My kids (and their friends) know they can come to me with anything - I wouldn't have it any other way.