Friday, September 01, 2006

Money

How come no matter how much money you make it isn't enough? When we were first married and both working good jobs, we never seemed to have enough. I wish I had known then that once the kids came along and jobs changed that things would suck even more. For the past 20 years I have said "$10,000 would solve all of our money woes". It seems to be the magic number--it would cover the cost of all my old appliances that need to be replaced, pay off the credit cards, and cover food for a couple of weeks for my bottomless pit boys. I really, really want one of those new front loading washer/dryer combos but I refuse to charge them and there are so many things that are in line before them that I probably won't be able to afford them till all the kids are out of college and by then I won't be doing 3 loads of wash every day so I won't need the big washer and dryer. I have been trying to think of what I could do that I could make that kind of money and the only thing I can think of is illegal everywhere except in Nevada :) Besides that is waaaay to gross to even think about. Though I have often thought that if you are going to do that anyway, you may as well get paid for it, but not the street-corner sleazy smelly stuff, I want to be wined and dined and given valuable gifts~~like a new washer and dryer.

No comments: