Sunday, December 20, 2009

Because you all want to know more about me....right?

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Both, but not at the same time.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? He wraps everything. When I was a child he always left some open things under the tree, but BigD said that was stupid so we never did it. (do you think I am still resentful ? ;)

Colored lights on a tree or white? Colored, BUT in past years I have put white lites on the inside of the tree, forgot to do it this year.

Do you hang mistletoe? Yep. It hangs in my office doorway.

When do you put your decorations up? I start the day after Thanksgiving and finish when I can't stand seeing the boxes sitting around and put them away...finished or not.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Cookies. They are considered a dish aren't they, I mean I do use a plate.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. Another thing BigD ixnayed when we got married. As a kid, I always opened the smallest gift. (yep, still resentful I didn't have the backbone to tell him we WERE going to continue the tradition).

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It is loaded with all the ornaments the boys made when they were little and I wouldn't have it any other way. (though a fancy tree with gold and shimmers would be nice in another room :)

Snow: love it or hate it? Love it until February then I start craving 70 degree days.

Can you ice skate? YES! I actually was a competitive skater when I was young. (Didn't know that did you ?? :)

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cookies. Specifically my mom's recipe, which happens to be the cookie that my boys compare all cookies too, and they think mine are best. So there.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Not letting the boys come downstairs on Christmas morning until everyone is up. (they still abide by this, much to my shock).

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Yuck.

Favorite Christmas show? Because of the memories, it would have to be one of the early animated shows...Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Rudolph, etc. I love the jerky movements of the original claymation figures.

Feel free to play along.....I stole this meme from Devan at http://all-d.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-meme.html

8 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

I love these. I could just picture your boy's skirming around at the top of the stairs. Have a Very Merry Christmas little Ice Princess,that was awesome.

preppyplayer said...

We share a lot of traditions! The best part of my husband being jewish? All the traditions are mine!!!

I am stealing this meme as I have a wee bit of writer's block due to previous night's consumption of bailey's irish creme...

*mary* said...

That was enlightening! I would have never guessed the ice skating thing. (In WV ice skating just doesn't come up much, either. lol) I say you open the smallest gift this year on Christmas Eve. If BigD doesn't like it tell him to go to bed! ;)

Unknown said...

You can have all my egg nog. My wife loves it but I have never been able to acquire the taste.

Am I the only one whose traditions include the actual arrival of Santa with the presents for opening on Christmas Eve. It is the best of both worlds in that my family are live Santa Christmas Eve'rs while my wife's family are under the tree Christmas Morning'ers. The best of both worlds.

Jade said...

Hehe, we have many of the same answers. Including the "santa claus is coming to town" movie. ;-)

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. :-)

Natasha said...

Hope you don't mind me borrow them for my blog :) I'm the same way about the snow except I hate it as soon as Christmas is over haha

buffalodick said...

Egg nog is great, if there is so much booze in it, you can see through it!

Jody said...

I read that first thing wrong. I read that you drank eggnog and hot chocolate at the same time and my mouth puckered and nose curled up.YUCK.
I am so glad I read that wrong