Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Got 20 G's?

If you happen to have a spare $20,000 stuffed in your mattress and the lumps are getting to you, let me know and I will send you my address. I figured out today (while very down, and ticked off that my anti-nut medicine doesn't seem to be working--but then again, it's hard to tell when one level of nuttiness blends into another :) anyway, I figured out today that if I had the aforementioned bucks, I could fix both broken cars, (I did mention that I canceled the collision coverage on the older car right before S1 smashed it right? just refreshing your memory), I could pay off ALL our bills (BigD's medical bills from last fall, a credit card that we had to use for an emergent situation--no, not pizza, help the boys with their 6 month rent that is due soon, and I could start my new business. What new business you ask? I haven't talked about it here because it is a wonderful idea, that hasn't been tapped yet and most certainly someone with some extra cash in their mattress WOULD steal the idea. When I do it, believe me, I will share. It will change lives. I am not even kidding. The few people I have entrusted with the idea, have been blown away. My next step is to a lawyer to figure out all the legal crap that has to be covered with this idea. It may vary from state to state and I need to talk with a slick willie to make sure all the T's are crossed. I have been working on this and tweaking it for about a year, I have my mission statement written, my business plan drawn up, my brains are in place (well, the ones I am hiring, not my actual brain) and once I get these immediate concerns taken care of....I will be off to bring happiness to the world, a little at a time :) I do wish though that this sunshine would brighten my mood. I get so stressed when money becomes an issue in my way. I have always been frugal (my friends call me cheap but what the hell to those spend-thrifts know--hell, they even shop for clothes more than once a year, wasteful people.) I am far better with money than BigD. If it is in his pocket, it is spent. Years ago he realized, after missing a payment here and there, that I was the one that should be taking care of our finances and it has worked out well for us. But, on the other hand, he glides along blissfully while I am stressing out here. He does not want us to help S1 with either car repair. (the broken one is his and the one he broke is ours, but he broke it) Total, it will come to about 4 grand. Ok, so here is a college junior working the only job he could find, it is part-time, he is paying rent and utilities, so where is he supposed to come up with that kind of money (legally)? I want to help him but I also need to respect my spouses feelings so I am stuck in the middle AGAIN. It seems to be a spot I am in too often. On top of all that, I got an email today from the people that we were going to rent the beach condo from before all this crap happened and we had to cancel all of our plans. They just wanted to let us know they still had that week open (yeah, I bet they do, we aren't the only ones staying home this year) and their note, though very very sweet, just reminded me that things suck right now. Pity party over for the day. Send cash.

8 comments:

Yo-yo Mama said...

As soon as I cash my lottery check, I'll send you the 20K.

Jade said...

Hey if you find someone that is passing out money will you send them my way? Hehe ;-) I've just recently decided that my haha as you call it "Anti Nut" medication (anti anxiety" isn't working as much as it once did, so I've gotta figure that out myself.

I hope everything smooths out for you girl. If I were you, I'd tell everyone to get a second job! Especially s1! ;-)

OHN said...

Thanks DD...I am gonna go sit by the mailbox :)

OHN said...

Yeah Jade...I have tried about a dozen different meds, guess I am just doomed to be gloomy :)

preppyplayer said...

Ah, just blame it on the hormones!
I do.
I wish I had the extra cash to send.... better you than the IRS!

Athena said...

Every time I read your blog I get stuck here listening to your song list up there! Every single one of those songs takes me back to good times.

My mattress is a waterbed, so my 20K is a little soggy right now. Soon as it finishes drying on the line I'll send it your way ;-)

Deathstar said...

I wish I could send you money, I'm feeling the heat myself, paying this instead of that, waiting for the cheque in the mail..... I might even get a real job - nawwwww, that's crazy!

Tina said...

I've planted a money tree in the backyard. When it grows I'll share I promise. But for now, your wonderful-world-changing business idea, will it reach as far as Canada???? Or just the best province, Saskatchewan?? :)