Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An assignment for you.

Mama Kat doles out assignments like the nasty English teacher that got a thrill out of knowing your assignment was going to take you forever to do and she knows she won't even really read it before she grades it, because she doesn't give anyone anything higher than a C+. So, if you don't want to get "the LOOK" from Mama Kat, you had best follow her orders and answer one of her questions on your blog. As for me, I will do all. I have nothing else to do because I am sitting with S3 whose face is stuffed with gauze after having 4 teeth yanked out today. This is supposed to be a post for tomorrow but I have to turn my paper in early Mama Kat, I have to work many hours tomorrow and won't have time. Please don't take points away. I am inept at getting my green linky thing to work so here is her address: http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com/ The Prompts: 1.) Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. (inspired by Heather) 2.) What do you aspire to be? (Inspired by The White House) 3.)Share a piece of unsolicited parenting advice...only I'm soliciting it. 4.)Tell us about your blogline...how long have you been blogging, when did you start, what were/are your goals for your blog, etc. (inspired by Corn) 5.)If you had 5000 dollars to give away or donate to a charity...explain what you would do with it and why. (inspired by Hallie's letter) Okay : 1) "How many men do you know who pick up on the subtleties of human behavior the way women do? It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with the unique way women perceive things" (To be truthful, I finished the book two days ago and haven't started a new one. It is by Robin McGraw (yeah, Phil's wife) and I picked up the book at a $3.00 table at Borders, not sure if I would even like it and I was surprised at how much I did.) 2)I aspire to be a caring, nurturing mother to the boys that really think that they no longer need to be mothered, but someday will realize how smart I really am, and trust me with their kids. Oh, and I aspire to be rich too. 3)Ahhh, unsolicited advice...I do that really well. The one thing that always worked for me is talking. talktalktalktalktalk all the time and about everything. Truthfully, I started talking about everything when they were just toddlers. Drawing answers from them about things they see, think, wonder about etc. It has shown the kids that my ears and heart are always open and they tell me all sorts of things, some of which I probably would be fine not knowing about, but yet, they trust me and have learned to communicate. I think their wives will thank me one day. 4)I would have to go back and look, but I think this is probably year 3 of my ramblings. Ironically it all started because of a comment I made on someones infertility blog (having ridden that horse myself) and decided I had more to talk about...so here I am. 5)Well...assuming that it was mandatory that I give it away, and not use it to bail my sorry ass out of debt, or make car insurance payments, medical bills, utilities and on and on and on,....I would start a scholarship fund for the average kid. I would call it the "average but great kid" scholarship. There are very few places where really good kids, that are average students, can catch a break on college tuition. Hey, they all can't be 1st in their classes and quite honestly, these kids can be wonderful leaders, every bit as much as the valedictorians who will get full rides and may or may not contribute significantly to society. So darlings, it is your turn. Mama Kat has a pointer and she knows how to use it.

3 comments:

KatBouska said...

This was wonderful. I grant you a C+...it could have been a B- had you...ahhh, never mind. This will do.

I love your unsolicited solicited advice...talking is key. :)

sanewithoutdrugs said...

When ever any one calls to ask for a scholarship donation, I tell them that I have my own scholarship foundation if they would like to contribute!!! They can make the check out to my kids!!

Athena said...

My daughter would like to apply for that scholarship. She always joked that she was looking for the "average white girl" scholarship - which doesn't exist.