Wednesday, February 04, 2009

much needed levity

I almost quit my new job this morning. I am having a real problem with the company not being very streamlined. When I am doing a job, any job, I do it right. Being methodical and precise is part of who I am so when I have to deal with people that are supposed to be management I expect them to ACT like management. Twice in the past two days I have gotten emails from people that completely contradict each other. I called today and could only speak with a third individual that told me to listen to management A and ignore management B. Ok..but its my ass on the line if B is the one with clout. I can't imagine someone going into this particular job/company without years of experience as they don't bother to take even one day to provide any type of instruction. They have their own operating system that has all sorts of quirks and subtleties and even as recently as today (my 5th day with them) I discovered that there are F key prompts that I could be using....I can't believe they don't do at least a short demo for part of a day when a newbie starts! I have been thrown in the deep end of the pool and nobody has pointed out where the water wings are. Very frustrating. Anyway...in the midst of a mini meltdown this morning, I clocked out for my 15 minute break (15 minutes per 5 hour shift) and checked my email. My wonderful husband had sent me the following in an email. It made me laugh when I really needed one. The subject line reads: "How do you know when someones butt smells?" Feel free to click on the image to enlarge :) Gotta love that man.

13 comments:

Baylee and Blair's page said...

EWE... that's gross! But, yes... hysterical!

Sorry you are having issues with your management team. That totally sucks the big one! I hope for your sake it gets better. If not, pull them in a conference room together and ask them what the difference is!

Hugs - Tiffany

*mary* said...

I have worked for companies that are totally unorganized and in disarray like that. One person says this, another disagrees- both in management. You have to guess who to listen to. Ughhh! I HATED it. I like to know what is expected when I'm doing a job. Hopefully it will get better, somehow.

And the photo...
That is beyond disgusting!

Wait Another Year said...

LOL. That email was hilarious. I love receiving those funny ones from friends or family too. They always crack me up and get me through the day, especially if it's been a tough one.

I went through the same thing you did at your job a few years back. It was so frustrating, and yes, I wanted to quit too. Hope things get better for you. Keep us posted.

(By the way, I found your blog through Brandy's. Can't wait to read your other posts. It's been interesting so far!)

preppyplayer said...

New job...learning new company culture- very stressful.
Your husband knows how to cheer you up!
The pic, VERY disturbing. LOL

Deathstar said...

That's my sister.

Brandy said...

Companies like that can be SO frustrating. I don't know how you do it, learning a new system with what you do. That's one nice thing about the part time job I took on, there was some actual training on the system before I was sent home to type in my jammies. Oh and I guess I've seen too many times where too much management means just that and never enough real information.

On to the picture - NASTY!!

beagle said...

That is both disgusting and hilarious!

Can you demand a little orientation?? They'd more for their money out of you fi they didn't force you to waste time looking for the damn water wings.

Oh, and my word verification is "fleaz" . . . kinda like "flies" . . . right??

Deathstar said...

I'm just kidding - lol!

minerva1822 said...

Hi i found your blog while reading little weeloo's..thought i would stop by and check it out...i suppose i made the right decision considering i wanted to laugh hysterically and spew my dinner at the same time...
sorry about your job...i hope it gets better.
awesome blog..i'll continue to read :)
have a nice day hun

Anonymous said...

That's priceless. :)

Laura Payne said...

What a great husband you have.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties at your new job. My husband works in the medical field too and I hear all kinds of stories.

P.S. I also have a 14-year-old son.

Lorrie Veasey said...

Hey-are you working for the same company I am working for?

stephanie said...

Ohhhhh no way. I can, however, see how this improved your day :D

Better luck with the new job...