Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My ass has been kicked

Wow..take one "middle aged" woman that already works 60 hours a week, add an additional 8 hour day on her feet, bending, lifting and having to utilize brain cells and you get one whooped ass of a woman. By 7 last night I was having flash backs to my college drinking days where things would get jumbled in my head and nothing was making sense...ahhhh the memories. I tried to sit at the computer and do something worthwhile and absolutely nothing was happening. The darn screen just kept staring back at me. I finally realized that I had to use my fingers to make something happen and that was just entirely too much effort so I packed it in and went to bed to watch the "stars" on Dancing w/the Stars. (I have no idea who half of the people are...I think they are trying to resurrect some sagging careers-possibly). Actually I think I will like the new job...I have my own office area, it is comfortable, the people are great, the boss is full of compliments-which does give a newbie the urge to come back for a second day-and all in all, it is a good job. By noon it felt like I had been there forever. (not in a bad way, just in a comfortable way). Granted it was the first day, I am sure once I get more into the day to day details it will involve a little more thought but the work they have me doing right now is basic common sense, office management type stuff and it's a little like slipping on a pair of old slippers that had gotten pushed to the back of the closet that you found again by accident. So, two or three days a week I will be leaving the comfort of my holey crotched sweats, slipping on real woman clothes and going to work. OHHH...clothes. Speaking of clothes....I had to shop this weekend. I will just say that I AM NOT A SHOPPER. I really do not enjoy it. I find stores to be crowded with narrow aisles, clothes jammed on racks and confusing signs. Needless to say, I try to get in and get out as quickly as I can and when you have NO business clothes any more and you are basically starting from scratch it is a traumatic experience. I managed to come out with 4 pairs of pants, a few sweaters, tops, a couple bras, dress sox etc and it only cost me what my first check will hopefully cover. I guess that means that I am working my first two weeks for clothes....kinda like a hooker I guess.

3 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

Yay....of course you know this will mean that we want to see pictures of you in your new gear looking all beautiful...

Sounds like you found some great bargins....

xoxo

tz said...

oooh, now see that's one of the reasons I'm going into nursing...scrubs, you don't have to think about it, you don't have to be stylish...no make up and hair in a pony...and comfortable shoes...

congrats on starting your new job and good luck

Unknown said...

haha. laughing about your new profession (0:
Glad you're surviving..