Saturday, December 30, 2006

Please talk me out of it

I spent a couple of days with family in Michigan and fell madly in love with their dog. I want another one-no I don't, yes I do, no I don't..you get the idea. What I want is the perfect dog..no shedding, cuddly, housebroken but not old, sweet, small enough to fit on the chair with me but not so small it quivers and pees everytime it gets happy. I made my family promise me when we lost our two dogs that they would not get me a Christmas puppy..you know what~I think I was secretly a little disappointed--no I wasn't, yes I was, no I wasn't...whatever. I have a list why getting another dog right now would be wrong..I have to remember to post it all over the house to keep me from caving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't really talk you out of it because I am sitting on the same fence.

I thought I wanted a bird, because a dog might be kind of painful to deal with, but now I don't know if I want a bird. But maybe I do. Or maybe I want a dog, but maybe I don't.

Who knows. When you figure it out, can you let me know!

Demeter said...

I think you really, really want a dog, so why not indulge. Visit the SPCA or dog shelter near you and give that little doggie a chance. I know how you feel about the hose broken thing and the pee and poo and everything else, but they are a joy to have. Good luck whatever you decide!

Unknown said...

Get a dog. I love my dog. He annoys the hell out of me, sheds everywhere, tries to bite my clothes while I try to get dressed, plays with squeeky toys right in front of me during Gray's Anatomy.... pain in the ass. But he's MY pain in the ass.
Oh, and I trained him so he listens to me more then my husband, which is the best ever.