Thursday, August 24, 2006

Perverts

It has been very unsettling for me this last week reading about this guy Karr that may or may not have been the person that killed JB Ramsey. I have never understood how anyone could think that it is normal to want sex from a child. When I was about 5 or 6 my father (who was a horribly abusive drunk) used to take me to the local bar where I would sit drinking "Shirley temples" till I thought I would puke. He would sit there and proceed to get hammered, talking with the other bar flys. I remember all too vividly some "hugs", "pats" and other signs of affection from these smelly men that even at the age of 5 or 6, I knew were gross and unsettling. I had the misfortune of being a cute freckled face quiet kid and never let my fear show but I was terrified most of the time. I finally told my mom and it broke her heart that she didn't know that I was so scared every time I was with my father. I look back now and realize how easily I could have ended up like little JB Ramsey.

No comments: